The goal of these Guidelines is to create and maintain a respectful, safe, learning and fun environment for every member of our Dance Team and the entire band in general.
- Bring any issues or concerns to the Dance Captain as a first step in resolution.
- Ask permission for any physical touch.
- Honor and respect your teammates in conversations.
- Give full attention during instructions to reduce the amount of repetition required.
- Be on time for rehearsals.
- Give your full attention to band and other auxiliaries while they perform.
- Be in the staging area at the specified time to receive instructions and rehearse.
- Wear appropriate hair, make-up, and uniforms for performance events.
Dancer Performance Guidelines
- Performance make-up is heavier than everyday make-up
- Entire Face: Use a good foundation and sun block
- Upper Eye Lid: Use a neutral colored eye shadow
- Lower Eye Lid: Use a colored eye shadow (your choice), eye liner and mascara
- Cheekbones: Use a darker blush than normal
- Lipstick: Use a bright red lipstick
*If you are sensitive to make-up, please let the Dance Captain know
You can wear any style you choose; long, short, curled, straight, up or down but it must be:
- Kept out of your eyes
- Wear the appropriate hair accessory as listed on the "logistical event e-mail" that you will receive ahead of time
- Wear appropriate, supportive undergarments under your uniforms ie: black bras under dark tops etc.
- If necessary, bra straps need to be pinned to the uniform to prevent slippage.
- Nylons or tanning lotion are recommended when wearing leggings.